|Civil Engineering Department|
|Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines and railways. It takes place in the public sector from municipal to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies.|
|The faculty of the Department have their credentials in the following areas:|
|· Topper in Engineering Drawing
· Secured 1st prize in hardware expo held in Andhra University
· Secured academic excellence award for getting highest percentage in B.Tech
· Secured 1st prize in PPT in technical fest held in VTEC &VITAM college
· Secured 1st prize in PPT held in Sri Prakash Institution
· Secured 2nd prize in PPT held in JNTUK
|Seminars & Workshops Attended:|
|· Presented a paper titled Changing land use/land cover and groundwater quality vis-à-vis water borne diseases in and around Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam in International Conference on Medical Geography during February 22nd and 23rd, 2009 conducted by Dept. of Geography, Andhra University.
· Presented a paper titled A study on saltwater intrusion around kolleru lake in the Annual Convention on Geo-Spatial Technologies & Applications organized by Sathyabama University, Chennai, in association with Department of Science and Technology from July 27th to 29th, 2011.
· Presented a paper titled Stormwater Management in Urban Environment in the workshop organized by National Institute of Hydrology, Kakinada on 22nd September, 2011.
· Presented a paper titled A Case Study on Sustainable Development Groundwater Resources in Coastal Aquifers in a one day workshop on Management of Coastal Aquifers organized by Central Ground Water Board on 25th March’ 2013 at Visakhapatnam.
· Workshop on Total station held at Department of Civil Engineering. JNTU, Kakinada from march 10th to 11th 2011.
· Workshop on Total station held at Department of Civil Engineering, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam from September 14th to 15th 2015.
· Workshop on Geotextiles held at Department of Civil Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on September 15th 2013.
· Seminar on bridge designing held at Department of Civil Engineering. National Institution of Technology (NIT), Warangal from 23th to 25th September 2011.
· Seminar on concrete technology held at Department of Civil Engineering. VTEC College, Visakhapatnam on January 28th 2015.
|Civil engineering is a wide-ranging profession, including several specialized sub-disciplines, its history is linked to knowledge of structures, materials science, geography, geology, soils, hydrology, environment, mechanics and other fields.|
|· STORMWATER MANAGEMENT
· CHANGE DETECTION ANALYSIS
· VOLUME ESTIMATION OF COASTAL RED SEDIMENTS
· BASE MAPPING
· WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
· SOLIDWASTE MANAGEMENT
· WORLD BANK AIDED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT
· RADIO FREQUENCY MAPPING USING 3-DIMENSIONAL MODELING
· THEMATIC MAPPING IN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT PROJECTS
· VOLUME ESTIMATION OF LATERITE ORE DEPOSIT
· MAPPING OF WATER BODIES IN AND AROUND GVMC – VISAKHAPATNAM
· HIGHWAY NOISE MAPPING USING TRAFFIC STUDIES
· FLOW MODELING STUDIES
· AERIAL TRIANGULATION
· SALTWATER INTRUSION ZONES MAPPING USING GEO-PHYSICAL TECHNIQUES
· LAND USE MAPPING USING HYPERSPECTRAL REMOTE SENSING
· ASSESSMENT OF SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION OF GROUNDWATER QUALITY
|· Estimation of Aquifer Volume Using Geophysical and GPS Studies for a Part of Mehadrigedda Reservoir Catchment, Visakhapatnam, India – A 3-Dimensional Modelling Approach Using GIS.
– T. Venkateswara Rao, D. Ramprasad Naik, V. Venkateswara Rao & C. Janardhana Swamy,2013 International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development (IJCSEIERD), ISSN 2249- 6866, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 2013, 155-164 (IF (JCC)– 5.4829)
· Identification of Probable Zones of Groundwater Potential for a Part of Mehadrigedda Reservoir Catchment, Visakhapatnam, India – An Integrated Approach of Remote Sensing And GIS
– T. Venkateswara Rao, D. Ramprasad Naik, V. Venkateswara Rao & C. Janardhana Swamy,2013 International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development (IJCSEIERD), ISSN 2249- 6866, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 2013, 175-184 (IF (JCC)– 5.4829) 155-164
· Assessment of Spatial Distribution of Groundwater Quality in Kondagattu Catchment of Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, India – A GIS Based Approach
– Janardhana Swamy C, Venkateswara Rao T & Pradeep Kumar G.N, International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development (IJCSEIERD), ISSN 2249-6866, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 2013, 135-144 (IF (JCC) – 5.4829)
· An Integrated Study on Sustainable Development of Groundwater Resources in Coastal Environs, Visakhapatnam District, Andhra Pradesh-A Watershed Approach.
– Peddada Jagadeeswara Rao, Sumiko KUBO, T.Venkateswara Rao and PVV Satyanarayana, 2013, IOSR Journal of Applied Geology and Geophysics (IOSR-JAGG) e-ISSN: 2321–0990, p-ISSN: 2321–0982, Volume 1, Issue 1 (May – Jun, 2013), PP 36-43
· A Study on Saltwater Intrusion Around Kolleru Lake, Andhra Pradesh, India.
– K.Harikrishna, D.Ramprasad Naik, T.Venkateswara Rao, 2012, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol 4 No 3 pp 133-139.
· Feature extraction from hilly terrain of satellite images using wavelets and watersheds.
– K. Parvathi, B. S. Prakasa Rao, T. Venkateswara Rao, and K. Mruthunjaya Reddy, 2010, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 31, No. 22, 20 November 2010, 5855–5866, DOI: 0.1080/01431161.2010.512309 (IF – 1.182)
· Pyramidal Watershed Segmentation Algorithm for High-Resolution Remote Sensing Images Using Discrete Wavelet Transforms.
– K. Parvathi, B.S. Prakasa Rao, M. Mariya Das and T. Venkateswara Rao, 2009, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Volume 2009, Article ID 601638, 11 pages, DOI:10.1155/2009/601638 (IF – 1.577)
· Sea-level rise and coastal vulnerability: an assessment of Andhra Pradesh coast, India through remote sensing and GIS.
– K. Nageswara Rao, P. Subraelu & T. Venkateswara Rao, 2008, Journal of Coastal Conservation, Vol. 12, pp. 195-207, DOI: 10.1007/s11852-009-0042-2 (IF – 0.189)
· Runoff and flood estimation in Krishna river delta using Remote sensing & GIS.
– B.S.Prakasa Rao, P. Pernaidu, E. Amminedu & T. Venkateswara Rao, 2011, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, Vol. 15, No.2, pp. 101-112
· IRS-1C/1D WiFS Study on Interlinking of rivers in peninsular India.
– B.S.Prakasa Rao, V. Venkateswara Rao, & T. Venkateswara Rao, 2010, Journal of Applied Hydrology, Vol. XXI, No. 3 & 4, 2008, pp. 106 – 115
· Influence of Land use/Land cover on Groundwater in the environs of Madhurawada dome, Visakhapatnam district – A Remote sensing approach.
– P. Jagadeeswara Rao, P.V.V. Satyanarayana, & T. Venkateswara Rao, 2010, Eastern Geographer, Vol. XVI, No. 1, 2010, pp. 15 – 18
· Spatio-Temporal change study on Wetlands of Krishna delta using Remote Sensing Techniques.
– D. Ramprasad Naik, T. Venkateswara Rao, B.S. Prakasa Rao and N. Venkateswarlu, 2009, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 25-32
· Estimation of sediment volume through Geophysical and GIS analyses – A case study of the red sand deposit along Visakhapatnam coast.
– K. Nageswara Rao, Ch. Udaya Bhaskara Rao & T. Venkateswara Rao, 2008, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 23-30
· Modelling and analysis (gravity and seismic) of two different buildings with and without infill walls using software SAP -2000
– P. Kumar, International journal of science and engineering and advance technology( IJSEAT), ISSN:2321-6905.
· Partial replacement of natural aggregates with ferrochrome slag
– N.A. Sowmya Sree, International journal for research in applied science and engineering technology (IJRASET), ISSAN: 2321-9653
|· ISRO (Dept. of Space, Govt. of INDIA) – CSSTEAP (Affiliated to United Nations) sponsored International training course on Hyperspectral Remote Sensing & its applications from 3rd June’ 2013 to 28th June’ 2013, conducted by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.
· Central Ground Water Board (Ministry of Water Resources, Govt. of INDIA) sponsored training program on Aquifer Information System and Aquifer Management Plan during 28th January’ 2013 to 1st February’ 2013, under the aegis of Rajiv Gandhi National Ground Water Training & Research Institute, Raipur.
· ISRO-NNRMS (Dept. of Space, Govt. of INDIA) sponsored National training course on Remote Sensing & GIS Technology and Advances (N-GI) Course from 7th May’ 2012 to 29th June’ 2012, conducted by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.
|Training Programs Undergone:|